Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
We are a global leader in precision materials engineering for the manufacture of advanced semiconductors.
• Our technologies enable high-performance, low-power processors and high density-storage in small form factors
• Our innovative products are used in leading semiconductor factories to produce virtually every microchip in the world
We help customers lower costs, improve equipment and fab performance, and maximize return on assets.
• We provide semiconductor, display, and solar customers with solutions that maximize output and efficiency
• We are the largest supplier of software for automating semiconductor, display, and solar factories
We are the world’s leading manufacturer of display equipment, helping to make thinner, lighter and higher resolution flat panel and mobile displays.
• We deliver world-class thin-film transistor-LCD equipment and services
• Our display technology has helped drive down the cost of flat panel TVs 20X over the past 10 years, so every year consumers can get a 20% larger TV for the same price
ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS
We are a leading equipment provider to the solar photovoltaic (PV) industry.
• We power the crystalline-silicon roadmap by driving down the cost per watt for solar energy
• We help accelerate global PV adoption by delivering cost-effective solutions to improve productivity and increase cell efficiency
• Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
• Fiscal 2015 Revenue: $9.7 billion
• Fiscal 2015 R&D: $1.5 billion
• Founded: November 10, 1967
• Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
• Global Presence: 81 locations in 18 countries
• Principal Manufacturing Locations: United States, Israel, Singapore, Taiwan
• Employees*: ~14,600 worldwide
• Patents: ~10,200 issued
Data as of fiscal year end, October 25, 2015
*Headcount excludes temporary and interns
APPLIED MATERIALS INDIA
Applied Materials is a strategic partner and an enabler of the semiconductor and solar power manufacturing ecosystems in India. The India entity, which began its operations in 2002 with a liaison office, is today the second largest engineering resource pool for Applied globally. Applied India provides engineering design and support services as well as cutting edge innovation in materials science and engineering to the organization globally through its strong partnership ecosystem.
Applied Materials collaboration with IIT-Bombay laid the foundation for building a semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem in India. Applied, in association with IIT Bombay, established the Applied Materials Nano manufacturing Laboratory (India’s first 200mm semiconductor fabrication facility dedicated to industry-university research) and the Applied Materials Chemistry Laboratory for Energy & Nano-electronics (CLEAN) at the IIT B campus. Together with IIT Bombay, Applied Materials also introduced a Joint Certification Program on Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology for the first time in India.