The Sanmar Group
The Sanmar Group has come a long way since its first international foray back in the 1970s. Since then, the Group has set the benchmark for global partnerships in a range of industry segments. These are partnerships based on trust, transparency and respect for intellectual property rights.
Characterised by strong and conservative financial practices, the Group has a track record of steady growth and consistent excellence in all of its businesses.
The Group has 100% or majority or significant holdings in all its businesses. These businesses are professionally managed and grouped in industry segments as follows:
- Chemicals (including Speciality Chemicals)
- Engineering Technologies (Products and Steel Castings)
Professionally managed, the Group has clearly segregated ownership and management. This has been done through a series of top level initiatives, including the formation of a broad based, empowered Group Corporate Board which oversees all businesses, including their strategies and policies.
The Group’s management philosophy has stood the test of time through generations of managers, and drives the management processes every step of the way.
The Group’s innate strengths include:
- The ability to source, apply and assimilate complex technologies in diverse fields
- Leading edge HR practices and a reputation as a preferred employer
- A high level of IT integration with a SAP ERP platform across businesses
- A global outlook highlighted by successful JVs with world leaders
- Strategic forward and backward integration
Some of the core values that distinguish the Group are:
- Unyielding adherence to ethical values and practices
- Rigorous performance culture
- Wide ranging social responsibility initiatives
- Investments in environment-friendly measures going far beyond statutory requirements