It all started with an aim, an aim to value the true potential of real India. The people that strive day in and day out to run one of the largest agrarian economies in the world are residents of villages and districts where financial stability is still at an arm’s length.
We decided to change that by believing in their belief.
In 2015, Ujjivan Financial Services set out on a mission to utilize the full potential of the financially unserved population by aiding their development to procure a brighter future.
Ujjivan received the final license from the Reserve Bank of India on 11th November 2016, which allowed us to set up Small Finance Bank business in India with an experienced team of members ranging from ex-CEO’s of leading nationalized banks and advisors to various financial organizations in the country. We believe in trusting the abilities, ambitions & dreams of our customers and strived to work for their development, one step at a time.
* “A license authorizing the bank to carry on small finance bank business has been obtained from the RBI in terms of section 22 of the BR act 1949. It must be distinctly understood, however, that in issuing the license ,the Reserve Bank of India does not undertake any responsibility for the financial soundness of the bank or for the correctness of any of the statements made or opinion expressed in this connection.“
Value and Culture
We, at Ujjivan Small Finance Bank, strive to abide by the following values and imbibe them within every aspect of our organization:
- Customer’s choice institution
- Integrity in all dealings
- Provide responsible finance
- Fair with suppliers and service partners
- Compliance of laws, regulations and code of conduct
- Best place to work
- Professionalism and Teamwork
- Respected in the community
After successfully establishing our presence across 24 states by February 2017, Ujjivan small finance bank strives to go deeper into the problems of the unserved population by enabling their financial stability.
With a strategic partnership with the Parinaam foundation, Ujjivan tries to educate and empower the various sections of rural India through social welfare; healthcare, education, vocational training, community development, shelter, and disaster relief, to enable customers lead a “better life”.